What do the tours include?
The Public Fraser Valley wine tour includes:
- Free pick up and drop off in Downtown Vancouver
- The Fraser Valley Wine Tour usually runs for 6 hours
- Informative touring with a professional guide.
- All tasting reservations made in advance for your tour by V&h’s
- All tasting and tour fees included
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the winemaking process
- Plenty of tastings from some of Vancouver’s finest wine producers
- Light lunch provided at the last winery*
- Vine and hops operates with a high top, luxury touring passenger van, accommodating up to 14 guests per van.
- Your guide will be sure to capture all the memories and e-mail or airdrop the photos so you can remember your special day out
- We provide reusable bags for all your wine purchase
Private Tours can include whatever your heart desires! Fill out the Private Tour/Corporate Tour Inquiry Form and tell us what you would like to customize!
Examples of what we can include; behind-the-scenes tours meet and greets with the wine-makers, brew masters and distillers, group menus, reservations at your favourite venues, private room bookings, trivia, team building activities with our partners such as Smarty Pants to name a few!
Is food included?
On the Public Fraser Valley Wine Tour, we include a vegan samosa at the halfway mark and a light lunch of cheese and charcuterie at the last stop.
On Private Tours, we include snacks, chips and nuts as you need them throughout the tour, and you decide the rest! We can include as much or as little food as you request.
I have a food allergy/dietary requirement, can you accommodate?
Please let us know about your allergy/dietary requirements before the tour and we will try our best to accommodate.
What Should I bring?
- Here in beautiful B.C., the weather can change in an instant. Layers are recommended, you can leave items in the locked van if you need to. Don’t forget rain-gear!!!
- 2 Pieces of I.D. (1 x government issued I.D. with your photo, and one secondary, a credit card with your name on is fine)
- Closed-toe shoes (We take you behind the scenes in working environments
- $$ Extra Dollar Dollar, Money Money $$
Although Vine & Hops take care of ALL tasting fees, you may want to purchase a bottle or 10 to take home with you!
Our Guide’s also graciously accept gratuities. If you feel like you had a great day why not leave a little extra for your guide so they can grab a beer (after the tour’s over of course!) A recommended tip is 10-15% of the tour price.
What’s not included?
You may want to make additional purchases throughout your tour. We will need you to pay for the additional wine you wish to take home to enjoy with your husband/wife, next-door neighbour or Whiskers the cat.
Can I create my own tour/Choose my own venues?
The public tours are always pre-determined prior to the tour. If you are looking for a more personalized tour, Vine & hops specialize in creating, curating and customizing tours for all occasions!
We only partner with the best Vancouver has to offer so depending on your pick-up and drop-off locations we will suggest the best venues to suit your group, however if there is a venue you absolutely HAVE to visit don’t hesitate to let us know and we will do our best to take you there!
How long are the tours?
The Public Fraser Valley Wine Tour runs for approximately 6 hours.
Private Tours can vary depending on what you book!
Generally speaking, the Fraser Valley Wine Tour is a 6 hour day out, the Urban Wine and Distillery and the Craft Brewery Tours are 3 hours.
What are your minimum guest counts for tours to operate?
For PUBLIC tours we require a minimum of 6 guests to operate, in the rare circumstance that we have to cancel a public tour, refunds or tour credit to book on another date will be offered.
For PRIVATE tours, we for prices to stay down we require a minimum of 8 guests. If your group has less than 8 guests we can still operate a tour but we may need to charge a premium. Please fill out the private inquiry form or call 604.779.WINE(9463) for more info.
Why should I choose a Vine & hops tour over visiting on my own?
Sure… you could drop by the venues yourself, but you are going to miss out on SO MUCH!
By booking a tour with Vine & hops you instantly become a V.I.P.
We take care of EVERYTHING, we take you behind-the-scenes with a super-awesome, knowledgeable guide. Our tours are ALL-INCLUSIVE so you don’t have to worry about tasting fees, food, snacks, transport, reservations, we even bring and pack bags with all your wine purchases!
Where do you pick-up and drop-off?
For Public Tours, we will pick up and drop off at the Yaletown Roundhouse Skytrain station in Downtown Vancouver.
For Private Tours – You tell us where! We can customize your pick-up and drop-off to suit your group.
What is the largest group size you can accommodate?
ANY (within reason!) Please fill in the private inquiry form or corporate group form for more information
How can I pay?
We use PayPal, however, you do not require a pay-pal account, we accept all major credit cards through PayPal guest checkout.
Can I buy Gift Certificates?
SURE! Please follow this link to buy a Gift Certificate! Vine & hops tours are perfect for ANY occasion! We look forward to having you join us on a future tour!
Do I pay for tasting fees?
Nope, that’s all included my friend!
I can’t attend the tour! Can I transfer my ticket to my friend?
OH NO! That sucks! Yes, of course, your friend can take your place, hopefully, you can come on a future tour.
I don’t Drink, can I still enjoy the day out?
OF COURSE! Please just let us know at the time of booking that you are a non-drinker/have a non-drinker attending. We will take you out at a discounted rate.
Cheers to all our non-drinkers!
Can I drink in the van?
It is against B.C. law to consume alcohol in the van. If your guide observes alcohol being consumed in the van they will ask for the alcohol to be put away and give the group a final warning. If the guide repeat instance of consumption of alcohol in the van the tour will immediately be terminated, and no refund will be issued.
Vine & hops reserves the right to refuse service of alcohol to any person/group who is intoxicated or appears to be intoxicated or acts in an aggressive or inappropriate way to their guide, venue staff, other tour members, or members of the public. If there is an instance of this the guest(s) will be taken off the tour or the tour will be terminated, and no refund will be issued.
I’m running late!!! What can I do?
We will try and wait as long as we can, please call us at 604.779.(WINE)9463 with an ETA if you are running late. However, we can’t wait longer than 10-15 mins as we have timeslots allocated for us at each venue.
If you are unable to join us at the pick-up location you are welcome to find your own transport to the first venue and join us from there. We, unfortunately, can’t offer refunds if you fail to show.
What is your refund Policy?
PUBLIC TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
- 100% of total cost refunded if canceled within 14 days prior to tour date
- 50% of total cost refunded if canceled between 8-13 days prior to tour date
- No refund provided if canceled within 7 days of tour date
PRIVATE TOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
- Private group tours require a non-refundable deposit of $250+tax per 15 passenger van booked, or $500+tax per charter bus
- Once your final payment has been made (due 14 days before the tour) it is non-refundable.
- Please note that Private tours are sold as a package and we are unable to provide individual refunds for any person unable to attend
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? Contact us for more information!